Friday, June 15, 2007

My Commencement Speech at the AIFL

It was an exciting evening last night. I was chosen to speak at my Alma Mater, the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale. I didn't realize how emotional I would get speaking to hundreds of graduates I have never met before. It reminded me of my graduation 20 years ago and what I have achieved since. Also having my family there, including my 9 day old Cameron pulled on my heart strings and tears were flowing.I'm so thankful for all the support I have received especially Don Sheffield who has been instrumental in my education and career. Enjoy the video if you like, it's almost 7 minutes long, it's from the heart.

5 comments:

robert madrid said...

That, Mr. Baez, was an excellent speech. Truly you are a great photographer but also more importantly a marvelous, compassionate, inspiring friend I have ever met. You deserve nothing but the best.

WE'RE JUST PEOPLE. said...

Thank you for posting that. It made me cry. It is so awesome to see someone so talented and successful that is also grounded and so in love with his family.

Anonymous said...

Great speech!! Very touching & sweet. All the best, Cheri

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awwwwwww. So awesome! You are so humble, and that is one of your best qualities! You have a wonderful gift for inspiring others to maximize their greatest potential, and those graudates were lucky to have you as their speaker. Great job on the speech!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! I loved when Carson yelled. Isabella responded to something I said in Spanish the other day and it was one of the most wonderful moments of my life - 15 mos. of hard work paying off. Being a dad is wonderful, isn't it?

I remember seeing someone leave Cuba on a raft and my friend saying, "noventa millas". I loved that part of your speech. You did a great job of weaving in the people and generations that have changed your life and helped you to success. Well done.